Sunday 10 July 2011

Continued....

I have decided to split the visual exploration for the Asperger Campaign (AS) into 2 sections: words in relation to a part of the body and the relationship between words and a profile shot. Please note that the story I have used throughout features parts of or all of the interview I conducted with an adult with AS. Here are some of my initial experimentation's:

Body part = Hands
Everyone's hand prints are unique. The lines on our hands can depict age. The texture of our hands can indicate occupation. They tell a story about our past and we have our palm's read to shed light on the future. My interviewee described Asperger Syndrome as 'it is a part of who I am and I can't change that.' So I thought using the palm of a hand as a canvas would be a good reflection of that, as it is a depiction of who you are.






Here are some sketchbook pages that show 'quick fire' ideas around the relationship between the image of a person and text. These explorations will hopefully aid me with the final campaign concept that raises awareness of adults with AS through telling different people's stories.



No comments:

Post a Comment