Friday 23 September 2011

The 4 approaches

I have narrowed down my campaign ideas into 4 approaches: handwritten, typographic, conversational and photographic. I have also added the Sheffield Aspergers Parents Action Group logo and colours to move the campaign ideas forward.

Handwritten

I took two quotes and drew round every individual letter. I wanted the writing to look the same but have an element of individuality. I felt that this reflects Asperger Syndrome as each individual presents differently but often outwardly appear to have the same level of AS. Here are my initial drawings and poster ideas:


I also would like to include little 'snippets' of information about AS:


I also felt that they would need a personal touch by simply adding the name and a little background information:


Poster ideas:



Typographic

I really liked adding the qualities of Asperger Syndrome within the lettering. However, in the context of a campaign poster, this approach is too intricate and time consuming for the viewer. The viewer would have to stand and read it for a while to appreciate what the poster was trying to convey. The posters need to be eye catching. I do not think this approach achieves this. Here are some sketches and initial poster idea:





Conversational

This approach moves my 'cut out' style forward by adding the Sheffield Aspergers Parents Action Group colours. I have tried the same quote 3 different ways to see which effect works best. However, the amount of text and starkness of the American Typewriter font in black on white makes the message confusing to read, the eye often stuggles to find which line to follow. See below for experimentation's:







Photographic

Throughout the previous approaches I felt that there was a 'human' element missing. Including someone within the poster makes it more relatable to the target audience. However, this raises questions regarding ethics. Should you really include someone who has AS? Will this label them as having AS? How will I protect their anonymity? After talking to S.A.P.A.G it became apparent that I would not be able to show the faces and would need to use 'stand ins' to represent the person with AS. Here is my solution:


No comments:

Post a Comment